Shahi paneer is a popular Indian dish made with paneer, a type of Indian cheese, in a rich and creamy tomato-based sauce. Here is a recipe you can try:
- 250g paneer, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh coriander, for garnish
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the onions and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato puree, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala. Mix well to combine.
- Add a pinch of salt and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the paneer cubes to the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they are heated through.
- Add the heavy cream and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or roti. Enjoy!
Note: You can also add other vegetables, such as bell peppers or peas, to the shahi paneer for added flavor and nutrition. Simply sauté the vegetables with the onions in step 3 before adding the tomato puree and spices.