Overnight oats are a healthy and convenient breakfast option that you can prepare in advance. Simply mix together some oats, milk, and your favorite mix-ins, and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, you’ll have a delicious and creamy breakfast ready to go. Here is a basic recipe to get you started:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind will work)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium jar or bowl, mix together the oats, milk, yogurt, honey, or maple syrup (if using), vanilla extract, and salt.
- Cover the jar or bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator.
- Let the oats sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir and add any additional mix-ins you like (such as fruit, nuts, seeds, or spices).
- Serve the oats cold or heated up, as desired. Enjoy!
Note: You can also make a larger batch of overnight oats and portion them out into individual servings. Simply multiply the recipe as needed and store the oats in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.