Aloo paratha is a popular flatbread dish in Indian cuisine that is made with grated or mashed potatoes, spices, and flour. Here is a recipe you can try:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated or mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil, plus more for frying
- Water, as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, potatoes, salt, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and garam masala. Mix well to combine.
- Add the ghee or oil to the mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
- Add water as needed to form a soft, pliable dough. Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal-sized balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball of dough into a thin circle.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Place one of the rolled-out dough circles onto the griddle.
- Cook the paratha for 1-2 minutes on each side, until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining dough circles.
- Serve the parathas hot, with yogurt or chutney on the side. Enjoy!
Note: You can also stuff the parathas with other ingredients, such as minced onions, paneer, or minced lamb if you like. Simply sprinkle the filling over the rolled-out dough before folding it over and cooking.